RE: Re-wiring option

Mine was around $500 , Ron Francis. I think most run about that price. I
think $449 for Painless. I'll have to check out the article as I don't
understand what they're trying to say on the link. Are they reusing the
old wires and just terminating them to a new power source? I replaced
everything! I could've used some wires but many were not very desirable.
I would wonder how well this system would react to our fluctuating
voltages. Usually 'puters don't like spikes, etc..

It's worth checking out but it might be more high tech then I'd have
wanted. I like what I have now.

Herb wrote:

> The price is shocking at first glance, then I started thinking what will
> it
> cost to replace the dash, body, engine & so on harnesses and the price
> is
> not that bad if not cheaper!   If you are building a resto-mod and don't
> care about factory, this is a slick & simple upgrade into modern tec!!
> Tomorrow I am going to look closer at one for my 6.1 powered 63 Fury.
> Just
> got my MoPar Muscle in the mail also and had that item on my list of
> things
> to research, thanks for the URL!!  I was going to have to redo the
> wiring
> anyway because the previous owners were butchers.  I bet I have removed
> 15-20 LBS of jumper wires from the car just getting it ready to trouble
> shoot!!  That alone should help my ET...(;
>
> Rich what was the approximate cost of harnesses to rewire your car, or
> anyone else that has done so, please sound off?
>

>  Herb
>
> 1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
> 1959 Coronet 326 Poly
> 1963 Fury 2D/HT 6.1