Re: How difficult - Front suspension rebuild

Bob, here you go.--- Auto Fitness Center---6923 Maple (south side of street) owner Rob Gordon---shop 402-934-3544---cell 402-350-5668. It is a nice two man operation. Be sure to tell him Steve Mick sent you, He and his parents are LONG time friends of ours. However, If you have a place your car can sit for a few days while you work on it--sounds like you have some very good Omaha help if you do it yourself and you will learn a lot. I do suggest you get aquainted with Rob ---he is a good guy.......................MO......sw iowa ----- Original Message ----- From: <62pluckedchicken@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:50 PM
Subject: RE: How difficult - Front suspension rebuild

that may be an option.. MO says he knows someone in Omaha.. when MO
sends his name, I'll give him a shot..

there's also a guy in Elkorn NE.. named Frank, I saw a good review under
his phone listing on the web..

If it's around $350 plus parts I could afford to have it done...

$2K just ain't gonna happen.. my wife will see to that ;)

Douglas J wrote:

I got my "kit" last summer from Performance Suspension Technology.
www.p-s-t.com .  It was a very complete kit, including idler arm, tie
rod ends, sleeves ect.  They don't show 62 Chrysler (65 the earliest I
believe) on their website, but a call might be worth it, as they were
very knowledgeable and helpfull when I talked to them, and said they had
access to much more than was on the web page.
Since my back problems won't allow me to be under the car, twisting and
turning in odd ways for very long, I had a local shop  do the work.  350
bucks including alignment.  That was with an apology that it cost that
much because it was "alot harder to get apart than I thought it would
be". I know that things might be a bit more expensive in Omaha, but
think I'd look around a bit before spending a grand on it.

Good luck,
Jake
'63 Sport Fury 'vert

> To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
> From: 62pluckedchicken@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: How difficult - Front suspension rebuild
> Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:14:22 +0000
>

> I just got a quote for doing the front end w/shocks for $2000 and the
> rear w/o shocks (already replaced) for $1000
>
> As those who have met me know, I'm not a mechanic, but not afraid to
> get my hands dirty.
>
> I found a rebuild kit for the front-end (at Kanter.com) for $236
> includes ball joints, bushings, etc
>
> so should I just leave my car parked until I can raise the money and
> have a pro do it? or is a front suspension rebuild doable for a guy with
> no experience?
>

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- > directly to that person. I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will
> protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the
> content signal to Mopar topic. Thanks!

Windows LiveT: Keep your life in sync.

----

----