rear main seal replacement (was Re: Various topics ...)

rear main seal replacement (was Re: Various topics ...)

Make sure the oil is not coming from a leaking oil sender or valley cover.

For inspiration, a guy did a nice write up on a Jeep Wrangler TJ rear main seal replacement
http://dailydriventj.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=811

and here is one from a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 V8 318:
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Dodge-Repair-809/rear-main-seal.htm

If you do the job take some pictures and I'll post the repair on the 62-65 site.

Thanks,
Gary H.

----