Re: 833 trans

links worked  Thanks  dave O
----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Watters" <tomwatters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 07, 2009 6:46 PM
Subject: Re: 833 trans

I hope these links work:

A833 Diagram -> http://docs.google.com/View?id=dc57qzcn_0g6ppprfq
A833 Diagram key -> http://docs.google.com/View?id=dc57qzcn_1fq696xs6

--Tom

Tom Watters wrote:

Hi Dave,

A833 Front Shaft has a Gasket and a Seal. I believe you have to drop the trans to get to it.

I know NAPA still can still order the seal for these, I bought 5 seals for mine last spring (Front, Shift Lever, Rear). I still havent dropped the trans to change them. AND i forgot to get the gasket, which is something I'll need todo before I drop it to change them all. Your e-mail promted me to look at the diagram, because I didnt remember if it had both.

I cant send a pic of the diagram thru topica. Will see if there's a place I can post it for you.

--Tom
David orr wrote:

Developed oil leak and it looks like it is coming from the front of the trans around the input shaft. Seal or gasket? can I change it without dropping the trans??? Dave O

----

----

----

----