RE: dash mounted rearview mirror

You've had several suggestions, but none have seemed to work for you, so
here's another one.  As a last result, I'd take a long punch, or long
screw driver, and place it at the corner of the nut, and wack it with a
hammer a couple of times.  I doubt that this type of nut will be on too
tightly.  OK.... go ahead and call me a backyard redneck mechanic....lol

62pluckedchicken@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> OK here are some pics of my frustration..
>
> http://www.timelesstransport.com/dashpad-install/
> Rich Kinsley wrote:
> >
> > You're good with pictures. Can you send a pic of the area? I was
> > thinking they might have a tool like you use on doors to use for the
> > mirror. I think maybe you could make one from some 1/8" steel? It'd be
> > an interesting challenge. Also if you have that socket maybe you could
> > cut a thin piece from the socket and have it welded to a thin piece of
> > steel. Let's see what it looks like. I always like to make custom tools
> > :-)
> > Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly w/goodies
> >
> > =====================================================================
> > 62pluckedchicken@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > >
> > > anyone here ever removed a dash mounted mirror on a 62 chysler?
> > >
> > > Is there a trick to this? the nut holding the mirror in place is 1-3/8
> > > inch, making a wrench almost impossible to find that will fit in that
> > > space (through the hole for heater controls)
> >

> > Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly w/goodies

'64 Belvedere
Davenport, Iowa

"The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little
extra."

----