To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2009 2:06 PM
Subject: RE: Holley adjustment

My problem is that when first started it runs so rich, complete with
black eye watering smoke that it won't idle unless you keep stabbing it
a little.  I have a bit of a cam, nothing too radical though.  After the
engine starts the choke plate is supposed to open a bit.  Is there a way
other than with the choke adjustment to affect how far it opens?
Normal adjustment would be to rotate the choke cover so the choke plate
"just" closes when the engine is cold.  This is how I set mine
initially.  When it continued to run too rich I kept backing it off
until I had it set to the full lean position.
I only had the car at home for a short while after switching the carb
and it has now been at the body shop a couple hours away for the last 8
months.  So I didn't have much time to fuss with it.  There may be
something I overlooked.  I'll get into a little further when I get it
back home.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html

Ollie wrote:

Same carb here...I let it do whats its supposed to do. By the time
engine
warms up a bit and everything smooths out (running a cam) it has come
out of
fast idle. One foot tap and it slows down it normal idle. Have not
adjusted
anything on it. On restart and eng is warm...everything is normal.
Ollie
----- Original Message ----- From: "MO ( Steve Mick)" <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>