Re: Fw: Hurst shifter rebuild

Dodger,

If you saw my first responses, I had done this Dis-assemble/re-assemble myself, had made a diagram when I took mine apart, lost the diagram . (Actually, I think my kids threw it away)

Then in some of the followon responses I saw a recommendation for someone to rebuild it, I gave my .02 there in that Dan Brewer had done me right by selling me the part I needed to fix my shifter. I know brewers does do good work.

I do take offense at your post and that you are responding only with disgust to the end of the post rather than offering anything productive in the middle. No status symbol, No BS. I dont let anyone do work for my car that I can do myself.

--Tom

Dodger7998@xxxxxxx wrote:
Bob,,,,,I agree with you, but as you found out by the replies that you received, the hobby has become a status symbol, and is being taken over by people that either do not have the ability to do things on their own or the ones that have more money than time, and just plan do not want to get their hands dirty,,,,,,,, Sorry guys and gals,,,,,,but I appreciate a rough looking car that someone has put their heart and soul into getting it to look and drive to the point it is, to a pristine example that someone has paid others to build for them,,,, JM2CW In a message dated 8/30/2009 7:33:16 A.M. Central Daylight Time, rupp99@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

My original question was looking for a exploded view so I could rebuild it myself.To my knowledge all the 4 speed shifters are identical internally or at least so similar that the basic bits are the same.I found out that on page 288 of the Pontiac GTO Restoration guide there is a exploded view of the shifter mechanism.This will help me reassemble the shifter body currently sitting in a bucket.In a perfect world a person can either take it apart and document the process and replace whats needed or send it out to a shop.Mine was tore down and tossed in a pile.Spending $10.00 on a used book saves me the $$$ of having someone else do it.I also found this thread detailing a rebuild:
http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=410415&page=0
I hate paying others for work I can for myself.
Bob

Tom  Watters wrote:
If you're going to have someone asseble it for you, I recommend Brewers as well. Dan (Rapidfire64 or dbrewer24@xxxxxxxxxx <mailto:dbrewer24@xxxxxxxxxx> ) on Moparts is who I bought the new reverse lever for my shifter from. Good guy.

--Tom

MO ( Steve Mick)  wrote:
send again
----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Mick"