Re: Don Dulmage on Gearz TV

${top_text_ad}
I saw the Gearz episode yesterday too.  Here's what Don had to say
about it back in March when it debuted:

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63 Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)
'65 Belvedere I (Street Wedge)
'71 Bronco

>From Don March 17:
It was the first of the new season, the knucklebuster episode. At the
end of the show he has a bit called "what are you workin on?" I had
sent a picture of my senior dragster in to his website when he was
between trucks show and the new gearz. His producer emailed and asked
for more details because he might want to use it on the new show. We
took the pictures like they asked us to and wrote a short deal about
it. Then the week of the new seasons show on the Wednesday she (his
producer ) emailed and said "make sure you watch. He is using this
week." I like his show because he is real. I can tell as a mechanic
that he is one or at least has that skill in droves. just the way he
andles the tols . cant expain it , It is a tradesmen thing. You just
know immediatley. He scored huge points here because he spent some of
the time showing off the Upholstery my wife made for the dragster and
talking about her making it and even said her name. She was
embarrassed but thrilled. She likes his show anyway because his is
exuberant, fun , happy and does not swear or bleep or talk dirty. She
will ignore all the others but sits down to watch his even when he did
the truck show before. She seems to have a thing for good natured
rascals with hot rods I guess. ;>).
He spent a little  time showing of the old 62 slant sixes 6 carbs too.
Only down side was he started the show by saying "we normally talk
about what the young guys are working on. Look what the old(er) guys
are working on"

I seem to recall that he and I were born the same year! Older! Anyway
it was fun and more than i ever hoped for. I said to Linda afterwards.
"you had no idea when you were taking your 4 H sewing classes that
your sewing would be on TV all over North America, did you?" She just
waved me off and blushed.
Yeah it was nice.
Don

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:41 AM, Rich Kinsley<rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Wow, that was an interesting report. I sure do miss Don's input here :-(
> Glad he's having a good time though.
>
> Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly w/goodies
> spigot2039@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>
>> I did not see it but Don's got some progress reports on the Web at
>> http://seniordragster.bravehost.com/mycar.html
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Gary H.

${bottom_text_ad}