To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2009 9:37 PM
Subject: Drag race results :-)

It was a great night! Here's what happened.

I discovered that I had forgotten to use the race ballast resistor at
the Geezer drags. So this time I moved the wires to the race resistor,
1/4ohm..

Then we started richening the metering rods a step at a time. Also I put
one step richer on the pass side than the driver side. I also put the
accel pump back to max position. Run #1 10.393@xxxxx

Run #2 we moved the rods up one more notch richer. 10.201@xxxxx

Run#3 This was against my stepson in his '97 Mustang Cobra. It was his
first time ever to run legal, at the drags. I had richened another step
and my time was 10.031@xxxxx  with a reaction time of .191 . His time
was 10.263@xxxxx with a .629 reaction. (Hee, Hee)

My last run was still one notch richer but I did screw up and hit drive
just before the finish. I had a 10.050@xxxxx .

I gotta say there was lot's of improvement made tonight!!!! I do believe
I can get it in the 9's yet! I don't know if I'll be able to run again
this year. If I do you can believe I'll be trying hard for that elusive
(to me) 9 sec mark.

----

----