Cruise Controls

This is just a note to let anyone who is intersted in installing a
cruise control what has been working for me.

I have installed several of the Audiovox CCS100 cruise controls on
different vehicles and have one on my 63 SF with a 383 and 4-speed.

What makes this unit easy to install is that it uses a signal from the
coil for the speed signal, it does not need magnets like the old add-on
units.  Installation is quick and easy, I have mine where the battery
was (now in the trunk) and it looks like it could easily mount under a
battery box.  The unit is only around $100.00.  On a standard
transmission it does not need a switch on the clutch, it will kick out
if the engine speed increases rapidly.

Arizona is becoming one large speed trap with cops using radar and
mobile cameras.  Anytime I am on the highway I am on cruise control.  I
just completed a 4,000+ mile road trip and it was great having the
cruise control.  Cops can see a red car 100 miles away, didn't need or
get any tickets.

My next installation will be on my motorcycle.  The Honda Valkyrie guys
have been installing them on their bikes for years, again using the coil
as a speed signal works great.

NOTE:
I have never had a MSD or other multi-stike ignition, no idea how it
will work on them however if they have a tach connection it would
probably work.

Dennis C.

1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Van Conversion
1964 Plymouth Belvedere 318 Auto
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4-speed
1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4 soon to be changed
1998 Honda Valkyrie Standard

----