Re: Oil breather finish?

just write 710 on a piece of paper and then rotate the paper 180 degrees
and see what it says

In a message dated 9/28/2009 10:27:40 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
426_maxwedge@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Can  somebody fill in the blanks on on the 710 cap joke...haven't heard
this
one.

John Hammond

----- Original Message -----
From:  "Jim Altemose" <jaltemoose@xxxxxxxxx>
To:  <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 28, 2009 10:19  PM
Subject: Re: Oil breather finish?

${top_text_ad}
Thanks  Gary.

I guess I'll go with the black.  Mine looks like the first,  which is
somewhere between silver, dirty, and  black.

PluckedChicken,
My 63 383, which is very original, is for  sure turquoise engine block
and black Air Filter cover.  For the  turquoise engine paint,
Summit Racing has what you  need:

DCC-4120752AB        TURQUOISE ENGINE  PAINT           1
1Z4758400388748531

- Jim
Jim Altemose, Long Island, NY
'63  Polara 500 (Max Wedge)
'63 Polara 500 (383)
'65 Belvedere I (Street  Wedge)
'71 Bronco

http://s738.photobucket.com/albums/xx22/hemijordan/1963%20Polara%20500%20Convertible%20-%20Max%20Wedge/?action=view&current=100_4530.jpg

>  Thanks,
> Gary H.
> -----Original  Message-----
>
>>What kind of finish is the valve cover oil  breather supposed to have
>>on a 63 Polara 500 with a 383? I can't  tell if it's silver or was
>>painted black at one time. It feels like  aluminum, but it seems to be
>>rusting a bit and there's areas on it  that look like black paint but
>>it could just be dirt. Any advice on  finishing it so it looks good?
>>It says Oil on it; reminds me of  that old blonde joke about missing
>>the "710"  cap.
>>
>>As always, thanks.
>>
>>-  Jim
>

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail  of interest to only one person --
> directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and
> negotiations as well as other  personal messages only to the intended
> recipient, not to the  Clubhouse public address. This practice will
protect
> your privacy,  reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content
> signal to  Mopar topic. Thanks!
>
> '62 to '65 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion  Guidelines:
>  http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html.

${bottom_text_ad}
----