RE: Monster MoPar Update

 <31053905-1463792126-1254253800@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks for the report Mike. Sounds like you had a great time and the '65 wa=
s running strong!=A0=20
Sure wish I could have been there !!

Jake
'63 Sport Fury 'vert

> To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
> From: mcreglow@xxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Monster MoPar Update
> Date: Tue=2C 29 Sep 2009 14:49:45 -0500
>=20
> ${top_text_ad}
> We had a great time at the monster mopar weekend.  The track
> conditions changed continuously and I was busy chasing the track with
> different engine and chassis tuneups.  Friday evening produced the
> best results with my car running 10.09 sec @ 133 MPH.  My brother said
> that I carried the front wheels for 20 feet.
> I went a couple rounds in the ten-0 shoot out=2C and I made it to the
> quarter finals in the trophy class (80+ cars) before I turned on the
> red light.  One memorable moment was when I raced a '72 duster that
> had an 18.46 dial compared to my 10.12 dial.  It was hard to sit that
> long and wait for the tree to be activated on my side.  I cut a
> respectable .044 light and caught sight of the duster after my 1-2
> shift.  I thought to myself 'I will never catch this guy' as he was
> beyond half track while I was less then 100' out.  The 2-3 shift
> pushed me back in the seat and the motor pulled hard.  It was then
> that I realized how fast I was reeling in the duster.  I flew past him
> right after the beginning of the speed trap (~60' before the end of
> the 1/4 mile).
> Another highlight was to watch the nostalgic super stock racing were
> most of the cars are '62-'65 mopars.  These guys are hardcore racers
> and I would recommend going to one of these events.
>=20
> Mike
>=20

 		 	   		  =0A=
Hotmail=AE has ever-growing storage! Don=92t worry about storage limits.=0A=
http://windowslive.com/Tutorial/Hotmail/Storage?ocid=3DTXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Tuto=
rial_Storage_062009=

----