RE: carb puzzle?

Thanks to Rich and Paul for the feedback. I got an e-mail from the fellow describing the solution. I'll edit it for brevity:

Hi Gary and Mopar friends, I feel incredibly stupid right now.  When I was...reading about the float and needle function and a light bulb went on in my head!  After installing the new carburetor and driving it, I noticed a leak at the fuel line connection at the front of the carb.  I couldn't get it to stop, so I swapped the old fitting back from the other carb to see if the fuel line would seat.  It did, and when I drove the car later on, the fuel started to leak out the throttle shaft like before on the old carb.
>     Stupid me didn't realize I had put back the old needle, which is worn, I now realize!!  This morning I swapped the fittings with the new one going back - with the new needle!!!  I got the fuel line in to seat - no leaks....The problem had been solved in about 15 minutes!
>     ...I really, really appreciate all the help you guys gave me.  If anything, I learned a lot more about the car and its fuel system.  I had the same symptoms, because both carbs were using the old needle for awhile.  That needle from the old carb was probably the original and had been leaking excess fuel into the float bowl and causing the overflow for years!...You guys are fantastic, thanks, you educated me. One is never too old to learn.  Russ

Thanks,
Gary H.