To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 8:05 AM
Subject: RE: attention convertible and factory Hemi guys.

Hi,

I have built 3 of the 4 torque boxes in my wife's 64 Polara 500 convert.

I have photos of the torque boxes off the car and some of the rusted
ones for reference.

The term torque box is a bit misleading.  It really is only plate steel
that connects the frame rail to the rocker panels.  I was quite
surprised at what they were.

I found that even when I made the cardboard patterns for fabrication,
they still neede tweaking to fit.  Particularly the rear ones.

Email me off line and I may be able to find the cardboard templates and
copy them for you but at least I can send you photos and we can talk
about them. Email me for my phone number and we can further discuss
this.  krmerkley at yahoo.com

Regards,

K.
Steve Mick wrote:

 I understand these car have some additional frame bracing from the
 factory.
They are called "torque boxes" and are located in the front and in the
back.
I do not want to tie the frames, but would like to fabricate the T
boxes.
Does anyone have pics? No hurry, but if you are under your car sometime
,
maybe take some digitals?
Thanks...........MO.......micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Kevin R. Merkley