RE: B body disc brakes

Wow, thanks for that. I appreciate it. /Butch/Ferndale, WA

-----Original Message-----
From: Bill [mailto:Y1TopBanana73@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2010 11:50 AM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: B body disc brakes

${top_text_ad}
Butch,

Even though I used the smaller discs on my 73 B-Body parts conversion,
and kept the system manual, it's leaps & bounds better than the drum
setup. I've had to make some pretty hairy stops and they performed
fantastically. You should  be happy with them. My rotors were
available @ Auto Zone and I just found yours for an A-Body on there
for $46 ea.

--
Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:57 PM, Butch Edison <waedison@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> My conversion for my 64 Sport Fury is mostly parts for a 73 Dart. I doubt that I'll ever even replace the disc pads on this car, just want the reliability of discs on the freeway. While the rotors aren't available over the counter, everything else is. I may not be satisfied with the smaller rotors I'm using, but we'll see. I want to use my 14" steel wheels on this car. I'll post the test-drive results of my conversion along with manufacturer and part numbers of what I used when done. May be helpful to others. I'll be converting my other 64 Sport Fury as well, but will go with an MP setup which has big slotted rotors, etc. 15" wheels and tires make sense to me for that car.
>
> /Butch/Ferndale, WA

${bottom_text_ad}
----

----