To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 15, 2010 10:38 PM
Subject: Re: '64 Plymouth Fender Tag Codes

Dan,

Here's what I have.

Top Line:
ABCDEFGHIJKLMNPQRSTUVWXYZ
5     1  1   38
(I might have the 3 and 8 off - my notes show them under NP, but that may be wrong - is there supposed to be an O?)

Bottom Line:
SO     Number   BDY  TRM  PNT
1224   0498     322  M10  WL
Here's my belief of what the bottom ones mean (I forget what the top ones were).
Build date: Dec 24,1963
TRM: Turquoise interior - maybe cloth seats? As Dooner pointed out, the 0 maybe is supposed to be a Q - I need to re-check that on the car.
PNT:  Two Tone Paint: Dark Turquoise Metallic with White Top

If I remember right, some of the other numbers confirmed that it's a Belvedere, V-8, 2 door hard top, and maybe the price class?

I wish I could remember where I pieced this all together from! I think it was the Auto Hobby Digest.

Thanks for the help.

Dave