Re: Stripping trim

Jeff, I stripped the anodizing from the side trim and the tail panel pieces on my 65 Bel. I used the Easy Off oven cleaner in the yellow can only. It has to be the yellow can. The trick is you have to get the trim hot then spray on the cleaner. Just lay the trim out in the sun and let it get hot. Soak with cleaner and watch it bubble. Let soak for 15 minutes but don't let it dry, add more cleaner if you need to. Then wash with water. It will be cloudy looking so don't freak out. Then use medium buff wheel and medium polishing compound. Then go back over with fine wheel and fine polishing compound. Mine came out like a mirror. As long as the car is not out in the weather for extended periods this lasts for several years. When needed just buff out again.
Hope this helps. If you need any details let me know.
Mike P.

Sent from my iPhone