Re: Vibration on Acceleration

You might want to do this conversion to keep your pushbutton tranny: http://www.earlycuda.org/tech/ujoint.htm

Don

Dodger7998@xxxxxxx wrote:
to switch you are basically talking about replacing the tranny with a 65 model tranny so as to retain your pushbutton shifter,,,,,,,,,, really need more info on your set up,,,,,,,, what is different about your car that the ball and trunion will not work,,,,,,,,,, In a message dated 2/20/2010 7:13:40 P.M. Central Standard Time, 64Polara500@xxxxxxxxx writes:

${top_text_ad}
Feeling the vibration through the steering wheel  is only due to it
shaking the entire car....and yes, the lugs are on.   We have checked
the U-Joints and they are in great shape.  It is only  under
acceleration, but we may have found the culprit...the  driveshaft....

Possibly the angle of the rear....We will be doing some  more work on
it tomorrow...

If it does end up being the driveshaft,  what will I need for the
conversion fro Ball and Trunion to the typical  yoke?  anyone have any
ideas so I can get the costs, etc?

----