Re: Cal- Tracs and leaf springs

Thanks Donnie and Dodger for your input. Dodger, you are right- I have never drag raced a Mopar since 1968 with my Road Runner. I don't recall any axle hop, but it was an automatic with only 335 HP. I am not sure I want SS springs because probably harsh ride. Also don't want to spend un-nessesary money for traction bars. I will call Cal -Trac, but for now my thought is either stock or heavy duty springs Maybe have them made 2 " shorter on the front half and use the hanger extensions. Those hangers have two sets of holes to mount the front spring eye, probably so ride height can be adjusted. If that didn't work for me, maybe I could add the Cal-Tracs later.................................................MO ----- Original Message ----- From: <Dodger7998@xxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, February 20, 2010 5:56 AM
Subject: Re: Cal- Tracs and leaf springs

Mo,,,,,,,,you have played with the X brands to long, most mopars that are
streetable, can do just fine with a set of SS springs, or even rebuild of
your originals, an adjustable snubber is all that is needed, the short front section of the mopars does not wind up like the longer springs used on the
X  brands

In a message dated 2/20/2010 12:32:34 A.M. Central Standard Time,