Re: Rear-ends

Check with Jose Suchy
----- Original Message ----- From: "Rich Kinsley" <rlkinsley@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 15, 2010 9:00 PM
Subject: Rear-ends

Got your attention? I'm going to have to delve into new territory for me
in that the 489 rear in my '64 is leaking at the axle seals and the
front pinion seal is also leaking. I've done the front seals on cars
before but never got into axle seals. I also need to replace the boot on
my ball & trunion. It's probably only got about 1000 miles on it but
it's split badly. The rubber got cut from the strap holding it
apparently. I have the driveshaft off and will get started asap. I have
heard that a VW split boot is the "trick" way to go. I got my other boot
off e-bay thanks to George Smith, as I don't do e-bay. I don't know if I
can get another one so I'm thinking of the VW option. Any ideas? Any
tips on how to procede with the axle scenario? I do have some 8&3/4 axle
guides thanks to Paul Lenneman.

----