Re: Speaking of gasoline=?Windows-1252...

Re: Speaking of gasoline=?Windows-1252...

Just my $0.02 I remember around the summer of 1971 their was a Sinclair,
Sunoco, Texaco, Enco gas stations on one intersection & a new K-Mart gas
behind the Texaco and they had a gas war.  It was down to $0.09 a gallon
full service, except the K-Mart, it was both self service on one island and
full service on the other island.  Was dating a girl with a VW and we could
drive all weekend long for less than two dollars!

 Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
1959 Coronet 326 Poly
1963 Fury 2D/HT 6.1
1963 Sport Fury Convertible 361
1999 Durango SLT 5.9
2008 SRT-8 Magnum 6.1
St. Louis, MO.

http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo42009.html

It really was better in the old days - even the Future was better back then!