From: Scott Mirabella [mailto:jmirab2972@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 6:54 PM
To: 1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Battery explosion

Hey Guys,
Had my convertible out today. It started drizzling, so I went outside to
put the top up. As I turned the key... KAPOW. Like a shotgun under the
hood. Opened her up to find the battery blown up. I've been nursing this
battery all winter. Using a trickle charger to keep it alive. Guy at
work told me the continuous charging lowers (evaporated) the acid and
the lead in the cells arcs causing the explosion. Good news is there was
not a lot of acid under the hood. I made up a sodium bicarbonate
solution and sprayed it down twice, then rinsed it with H2O when I got
home. On a brighter note I put a brand new Group 27 battery in, and it
fits perfectly!
Scott Mirabella
1964 Fury convertible
383 4speed