To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 2010 10:45 PM
Subject: ZDDPlus / Z-ALT Oil ????

I was going to post this after Mopars At The Strip but now that ZDDP is
being discussed I have some comments.

There was a company at Mopars At The Strip selling Z-ALT Oil:

http://www.z-alt.com/

I tried talking to the "guy" in the booth and told him that I used
Rotilla with ZDDPlus added.

First he knocked Rotilla oil then went on to explain that adding ZDDP to
oil does not work it just goes to the bottom of the pan.  According to
him unless it is blended near the flash point of oil it does not stay in
the oil.  Then he went on to tell the wonders of Molly "Infused" in oil.
I asked him about the ARCO Molly oil of the 70's that distroyed
engines.  Per the "guy" who knew everything about oil he said his
process is better and it is just what our engines need.

I don't trust "Snake Oil" salesmen who have an answer for everything in
a bottle.

I may be wrong but until proven wrong I'm going to keep using ZDDPlus in
Rotilla, if Z-ALT is as good as he says I may try it in a few years. (if
it is still around)

Just my thoughts.
Dennis C.

1996 Dodge Ram 3500 Van Conversion
1964 Plymouth Belvedere 318 Auto
1963 Plymouth Sport Fury 383 4-speed
1949 Dodge Pickup 289/C4 soon to be changed
1998 Honda Valkyrie Standard

----

----