RE: Late model Hemi

Have a 6.1 in my 63 Fury Hardtop.  MP has a crate motor with computer for
installing into older cars, its not looking for all the other computers that
a junkyard/ factory one will be looking for.  There are companies that will
flash your factory computer to your specs with mixed success.  That is why I
went with the MoPar Performance setup no problems so far.  Their is a lot of
fabricating to do like fuel system, wiring, oiling, cooling and such.  TTI
of course Now makes mounts for I think 62 and up.  They also make headers
and a compleat exhaust system for B bodys.  The people at MoPar that built
the new HEMI's did us all a favor and used the Small Block bellhousing
configuration A / LA.  I kept the fuel injection from the 6.1 and it gets a
lot of smiles, questions and pictures when the hood goes up.  Their are
several different carbs and injection systems on the market to chose from
and Arrington Engines has or had a distributor setup for them also.  It was
in conjunction with Crane Cams so I don't know how that project was effected
by them going out of busness.  It really all depends on how deep your
pockets are and how far you want to go.  (-;  I could write a book here but
will keep it short, if your a compleat novas this will be a project that
could prove to be overwhelming.  Unless again you have deep pockets to pay a
fabricator to do it for you.  If your handy with tools and have a good basic
understanding of mechanics it is a doer!!  I did it so probably anyone can!!
 Talk to Bouchillon Performance they will set you up with most of what you
need at reasonable cost.  Also our own Steven Charette with Imperial
Services will modify a pushbutton shifter to work on a 66 and newer T-flite
if you go that route but with a 65 you have other concerns.  He can also
help with mounts and other items.  As Gary H. stated torches big hammers and
Two roles of duct tape will help a lot!

 Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
1959 Coronet 326 Poly