RE: Racer Brown

Steven
The whole stroker kit came from 440 Source and I am very impressed with it.
All of the parts are made in USA.
I had heard that their parts came from Korea and China but their web site said that their stroker kits were made in the USA so I took a chance and was blown away with the quality.
I had the block decked and was worried about valve clearance so when I put the clay in the valve reliefs and found that much clearance I was surprised.
I think that the problem is too much lift for the valve springs so I am going to get a solid cam and lifters from Racer Brown.
Don Dulmage swears by Racer Brown and I think thats the way I'm going.
I probably should have bought bee hive springs for the roller cam
Live and learn.
Between building this motor and putting 6 speed gears in my Indian Chief,
I have been busy as a bee, at least until I ran into the trouble with push rods and the shifter assembly being the wrong one for the 6 speed gear set.
Now I'm sitting at my computer twiddling my thumbs and waiting on parts.
The wife just came up with a honey do list so my idle ways will stop...lol

Later
Bill