62-65 B Body restoration and Bogging Carb

62-65 B Body restoration and Bogging Carb

This is great information and I would like to thank everyone.

I am compiling these notes and will reference them regularly.

Keep them coming.

I do not know if this would help on the subject of the car bogging on dead stop wide open acceleration or passing gear bogging but two things come to mind.

1st is a faulty accelerator pump.

2nd is a lose of vacuum which would could be several things including not enough air, thus a to rich mixture.

I digress.

The worst case i say of this was a 1963 Plymouth Stage III Aluminum Front End, Rampage, lose the final round in Super Stock Bonanza to Pat Minik. Problem was the mechanic left a cotton rag over each carb, keeping the dust out in those days, Memorial Day 1963, and closed the hood. After recovering from the Bog it ran pretty well but losing the race.

Check the Air filter.

Just some wild thoughts.

Again thanks for the help.

Jim

No i was not the mechanic. That was Charley.

1965 Cornet 500.

----