RE: trim removal help

Hi,

The emblem above the headlights is easily removed if you remove the
splash panel that is mounted to the inner fender and the backside of the
headlight area of the front fender.  Then you use a socket and remove
the nut (or bolt, I cannot remember).

Drilling a hole and using a body plug is brilliant.  That way you do not
break any of the small bolts that hold the splash guard in place.

regards,

K.

Wayne Huseby wrote:

> Well I am almost finished removing all the trim before it goes out for
> painting. So many questions but here goes.
>
> Is it a problem to remove the Mopar emblem on the sail panel without
> touching the headliner. I have not tried accessing it thru the courtesy
> lights. Is that the way to go?
>
> The other problem I encountered is the Polara 500 wording directly
> behind the front wheel housing. I can only see one stud with a nut on it
>
> to remove, easy access. How is the other end of it being held on to the
> body?
>
> How is the trim on the top of the doors and back seat (where you rest
> your arm to look cool) attached, more trim clips?
>
> Another interesting roadblock I came across is the black plastic emblem
> above the headlight is in a housing. To remove the housing I plan on
> drilling a hole thru the wheel well to access it with a socket on an
> extension, then plug it later with a body plug. It is either that or
> remove the fender, NO WAY. Any other thoughts from anyone.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Wayne Huseby

Kevin R. Merkley
Thunder Bay, Ontario