To: <mml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; "62-65 Mopar List" <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2010 5:13 AM
Subject: FELONY Street Racing?

Sorry about the first shot...didn't send as plain text. anyway...

Anyone else read the article in the new MCG about the bill they are
trying to pass in Ohio? Basically it was described that a cop can
construe almost anything he wants that has to do with a moving
violation (including simple speeding) and charge you with "Street
Racing"...and it's the officer's sole discretion as to what is street
racing. This will be a FELONY and you automatically have your vehicle
SEIZED...not impounded...you WILL NOT get it back. You also lose your
license for 1 year minimum.

Apparently some drunk punk flew onto a highway and hit a
lady...seriously injuring her & putting her in a coma for 6 months.
They apparently ignored the fact that he was drunk, and said it was
the fact that he was "racing" that caused the accident. Now they are
creating this Nazi crackdown law instead of further enforcing the
drunk driving issue.

Any thought's or comments? I honestly haven't had time to hunt down
the actual bill for the exact language...I only read the MCG article
so far.

--
Bill M
65 Coronet 500 'vert http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/mmo62008.html