RE: Re-upholstering? ? ?

A trick I use when trying to get upholstery to slide over foam, which
would work good for the seat back on bucket seats, is to put a plastic
bag over the foam piece.  This makes the cover slide on much easier.
Once in place on a large piece like that you can tear the plastic bag
out, or just leave it in place, you're the only one who will ever know.

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html

Jeff Adams wrote:

> Well, it WAS a lot easier doing the rear bench with Dad there to stretch
>
> it while I ringed it. I usually do everything myself, but Dad was an
> upholsterer and I wanted to spend the time with him, so I asked him to
> help me.
>
> Rich Kinsley wrote:
> >
> > Bob had a bench seat so that's a pretty big stretch.
> >
> > Rich Kinsley '64 Dodge Polara 4dr 318poly w'goodies
> > Jeff Adams wrote:
> > >
> > > My Dad DID help me with some of the covers, but the driver's seat I did
> > > alone...stretched the cover tight, then leaned on it to hold it tight as
> > >

> > > I ringed it. This may not be the easiest way, but when you work alone,
> > > you get creative!

u/?bUrDWg.bSONJP.YXJjLjYy

?p=TEXFOOTER