RE: Super Stock Springs Update

I feel your pain Dave (literally). Last summer when I painted my 68
Sport Fury I did so much wet sanding I had to go get quartozone shots in
both my shoulders (arthritis) they hurt so bad. For the next 4 weeks I
sanded my A$$ off cause I couldn't feel any pain! Too bad the shots are
so expensive and only last a month... I could have gotten a lot of work
done!
Dave64 wrote:

> Success!  I took it all apart with the initial idea that I'd try the
> stock =
> hangers.  I measured my old springs and the new springs.  The difference
> in=
>  the front segment is 1 1/4" (21" stock v. 19 3/4" Super Stock).  The
>  drive=
> shaft measured out to have right about 1 1/2" of total travel in it.  It
> wa=
> s maxed out rearward with the 2" extended front hangers.  I determined
> that=
>  it probably wouldn't bolt back on if I used the stock hangers - or if it
>  d=
> id it would be maxed out forward with no play.  So I drilled new holes
> in t=
> he 2" hangers - 3/4" forward.  Because it was so close to the two
> original =
> holes they came with, I had to drill the new hole forward and in the
> middle=
>  of the existing holes.  So I lost just a bit of height (no big deal),
>  and =
> the ability to adjust them up or down if I want.  I actually could drill
> mo=
> re holes higher up for adjustability if I want.  By my math - with this
> new=
>  setup - my driveshaft should have 3/4" of travel each forward and
>  back.  I put it all back together, and viola!  No more vibration.  Still
>  l=
> ooks great, too.  I'm a happy camper now. =20
>
> Just one casualty tonight.  When I was putting one of the springs back
> on I=
>  pushed it with bad body position (mine), and something popped in my arm.
>   =
> It hurts big time and is basically unusable.  My wife tried to drag me
> to t=
> he doc, but you know how that is.  I finished the job - which took
> longer w=
> ith only one good wing.  Afterward I took a Vicodin (left over from my
> hip =
> surgery), and we'll see what happens.  She thinks I ruptured a biceps
> tendo=
> n.  I'll give it through the weekend, and if no progress, I'll go to the
> do=
> c.  I'm glad this solution worked, because I won't be able to do
> anything l=
> ike that again for awhile until my arm heals.
>
> Thanks guys for all of your help!
>
> Dave

Jeff Adams
64 Polara