Re: 1964 Dodge Custom 880 convertible (was A great car)

Re: 1964 Dodge Custom 880 convertible (was A great car)

Good point Jim. In my opinion there is no reason not to sell a Mopar to a fan outside of the US. The hesitation to deal with potential offshore buyers comes from the deluge of scam mails that U.S. based Mopar fans get when they post a car for sale. Unfortunately, most of these scam mails come from outside of the U.S. That's not to imply that all crooks live offshore; the practical reason is that it is usually too much time and trouble for law enforcement to track down offshore scammers, so these idiots continue to infest the Internet.

If the seller takes the time to verify payment and deal with a real offshore buyer the deal is as solid as a local sale. For example a buddy of mine sold a 1959 Chrysler to a Mopar fan in Sweden without any problems; both he and the buyer were happy campers.

Thanks,
Gary H.