To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 04, 2010 10:09 AM
Subject: Re: 1964 Dodge Custom 880 convertible (was A great car)

I guess I can see your point with these scammers messing you around, but having said that, I did more than just send 1 email to purchase the car from the US.

There was also a risk on my part sending quite a few dollar's over to the US into somebody's Bank account who I have never met. There was no cheque, or any other dodgy way of transfering money, just electronic trasfer of cash into his Bank account.

In fact, the fellow I purchased the car from, even offered me another car about 12 months later which I had to refuse only because I have no room in my garage. He said he would rather sell to me, because he knew how well our transaction went. But this 2nd car in question is only about a 2 minute drive from my house, so it is in Australia now.
Once I told my good freind about it, he jumped at the chance.
I am kicking myself for not buying it, but I just dont have the room.

Tommy and myself still to this day email each other, and I send him pics of the travels of his old car, and he loves it. He has even said that he can see this car is well cared for, and is stowed away safely in my garage out of the weather.

I have even told him many times that if ever he decides he needs a holiday, and want's to come to Australia, I would show him around, and use his old car as transport, driving on the wrong side of the road....lol

I have even purchased engine part's from people on this Dodge forum, and I am sure they would have no problem selling to me again. I beleive the transaction's went well, just a small time delay because we are about 12 hour's apart....time now is 3 am in the morning here in Australia.

Not everybody from another country is a scammer, but you must also do your homework and get to know the potential customer.

Thank's
Jim

----- Original Message ----- From: <thepulpitmaster@xxxxxxx>