Re: Help with new leaf springs

Brian,

Are you planning on racing it or more street with a intermittent trip down
the track?  Racing, find a set of Super Stock springs.  According to your
post the latter, so, I would send your springs out and have them re-arched
saving yourself a lot of $$$.  Contact anyone that deals with trucks and
they will tell you were to get them done.  Any shop that does springs that
is worth there salt will know just what to do to get what ever height you
want.  Just measure were it is at now jack the body up to the desired height
and measure again tell them the differance.  Now, when you install the
re-arched springs it will sit higher than you asked for at first but they
will settle out in a short time.  If your set on new springs just tell whom
ever you buy them from how much higher you want them but, most of them only
offer a +1 inch option that tends to settle back to stock anyway!

 Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361
1959 Coronet 326 Poly
1961 Belvedere Custom Suburban 318 Poly