Re: Carlisle pics, ooops

Credit for the quality of the pics or the cars, heh. The pics I will
take full credit for.

Now as far as the over painted and highly detailed cars I have to say
this, this is not me bragging, just stating facts. The person who
restored my car spent well into the 6 figures on it , over $40G's in
paint. I didn't trade my last car for it (70 Super Bee that I put over
25000 miles on in the 13 years I owned it with a 625HP 440 six pack
under the hood) to have a car that would sit in the garage except for
fair weather days, for 10 minute cruises to the ice cream shop.

I put over 4000 miles on it last year, in the pouring rain after a
show sometimes. Check out my videos on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/scatpack440

Check any of them with my 63 and then tell me I don't drive (and drive
it hard) and enjoy \9\i mean REALLY enjoy) my car.

One of the videos called "Loose nuts 05 23 09" has my wife hammering
on the '63 by the guys in my club (The Loose Nuts). By the time she
reached the end of the line she was doing 115mph and the tach was up
around 5000 rpm.

I trailer the car to Carlisle to have the A/C, the 19MPG, and to add
another car/truck to our club challenge at Carlsile. In the same
flickr page check out the picture file of my Polara. I guess my Polara
falls into the "eat of the engine compartment" comment (see pics)
class. Also check some of the pics, dragstrip, burnouts (the photo was
of the second one I did for the Mopar Action feature that day).

I drive it hard in the 7 months I can during the year. When it gets
dirty, I wash it. It's great waking up early on the weekend, take it
out for some exercise, then spend a few hours detailing her, knowing
every line on the car intimately. Then look back and enjoy what you
have accomplished.

It has little to do with the car and EVERYTHING to do with the owner.
Yes there are those who winch their cars into covered trailers and
never start them, but that is their thing. But you have to remember,
most of us enjoy hammering the heck out of our rides as they were
built to be driven!

My $0.02.

Steve C
'63 Hemi Polara.