To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 3:50 PM
Subject: power steering gear

Anyone rebuild a power steering gear like the one I have on my 62 Dart?

It has a seeping leak from the seal that surrounds the shaft coming
from the steering wheel.

I'm not finding any remanufactured ones so I figured if I want to keep
the same power steering setup I have now I'd have to try to refurbish
the unit myself.

If I did switch to a manual box ... would it bolt to the same location
on the K frame and use the same pitman arm?

Thanks in advance,
Brian
'62 Dart 440 / Poly 318

----