To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 11:37 AM
Subject: RE: Rim/tire width

So, are you saying on a wider rim there will be less bulge? If there's
1" now, how much do you suppose it will go down on a wider wheel?
Gary Wilson wrote:

It will make a difference.=A0 The tire will stand up and look much
better. =
Not =0Alike it needs air and also will be safer.=A0 Seals on the rim
better=
and not apt =0Ato peel off in hard cornering.=A0 =0A=0A=0A=0A=0A----- Orig=
inal Message ----=0AFrom: Jeff Adams <ledman_70@xxxxxxxxxxx>=0ATo:
1962to19=
65mopars@xxxxxxxxxx=0ASent: Sat, July 24, 2010 8:59:06 AM=0ASubject:
Rim/ti=
re width=0A=0A=0AI just got a new set of those Halibrand copies from
Jegs y=
esterday, but =0AI don't like the fact that the front and rear rims look
li=
ke the same =0Aoffset, even though the fronts are 7" and the rears are
8". =
What I'd =0Alike to know is if anyone has ever mounted a 275/60/15 tire
on =
a 10" =0Awide wheel? If so, how much tire bulge was there? Right now
those =
tires =0Aare mounted on a pair of 8.5" Torguethrusts and they bulge 1"
at t=
he =0Aface and rear.=0A=0AJeff Adams=0A64 Polara=0A=0A=0A----=0APlease
addr=
ess private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly
=0Ato t=
hat person.=A0 I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as
well a=
s =0Aother personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the
Clu=
bhouse =0Apublic address. This practice will protect your privacy,
reduce t=
he total volume =0Aof mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar
topic.=
=A0 Thanks!=0A=0A1962 to 1965 Mopar Clubhouse Discussion
Guidelines:=0Ahttp=
://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and
=0Ahttp://www.1962to1965=

Jeff Adams