I'm Skerd To Say This!!

For fear of jinxing myself I hate to say that I have a stock 361-2 with a
Pertronix mod to my distributor, water pump & radiator that came in car with
no shroud and a four blade fan and last week we were 101 to 105 with a heat
index of 115+ and my Fury ran just a little + of the center of the operating
range of my dash gauge, highway - and little higher in stop & go driving for
2-3 hours.  My question is are the cars really overheating?  If your
radiator is not overflowing provided you have a good cap and a proper mix of
antifreeze your not overheating.  With all the cooling mods could the gauge
be deceiving you?  Has anyone used a secondary source for temp reading?

My pertronix unit is 10+ years old with 0 issues.  Additionally I have them
in all my point cars with 0 problems.

Must be just good clean living!  (;

 Herb

1956 Plymouth Belvedere 361