Just Suspension

Well, this is pretty bogus in my opinion.

The driver's side tubular control arm / ball joint I received from
Just Suspension didn't have enough of a lip on it to properly hold the
rubber boot. I had no problem at all with the passenger side assembly
- at least 1/8" or better there.

So I called them about a month ago and complained, and they were very
apologetic, understood exactly what I was saying, and agreed to send
me a fully assembled replacement as I didn't think I should have to
assemble it myself given it was their issue.

The replacement showed up today ... with less than 1/16" of lip for
the boot - same problem as before, not enough surface friction to hold
it on when the ball joint moves much past vertical.

So I call them again ... again, very apologetic and understand why I'd
be upset, but you know, since these are such low cost control arms you
just have to accept the fact that there will be production variances
outside of their control ...

Wow.

They agreed to send me a FedEx label so I can ship it back at no cost
and get a full refund.

Here's my question to you folks ... do you think I can take the one I
have to a shop ( or just grind it myself ) and grind off enough of the
ring so the boot will fit better without causing any strength or
reliability issues to the control arm assembly?

I'm also considering cleaning off my original equipment control arms
and installing them instead.

Last piece of business I will *ever* do with Just Suspension.

Regards,
Brian Safford
'62 Dart 440 / Poly 318

----