Ollie and the downhill drags

Ollie, I intended to reply to this and lost the mail.. Here is my observations .. Inflate the tires for least rolling resistance. Make sure you have no brake drag. Add weight /passengers for more momentum. I saw a van full of old ladies that did VERY well. The winner did it on lane choice. The last few to race figgered out that the street was crowned and one lane sloped steeper to the side at the start of the race. They would upon start, steer to the side where it was steeper and gain momentum more quickley. Might help to have one brake shoe contact drum befor the others. lightly apply brake at start line and then only one brake has too overcome brake drag. If you want to get serious, replace differential lube with a thinner synthetic. Don't forget to have tranny in nuetral instead if drive. Good luck..........................MO
{Steve Mick}
http://stevemick.shutterfly.com/pictures#Part%202

----