To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, August 28, 2010 9:28 PM
Subject: RE: Geezer Drags

HeeHee, maybe the full race grease I used on your tires before the race
helped :-) It was a fun day and the weather was almost perfect. A tad
warm, mid to upper 80's, but a nice tailwind. I gotta say my tune was
perfect. The car ran superbly. I didn't remove the 200 extra pounds but
instead raced with the hood and rear seat, etc.. So I was at the 4000lb
mark. I ran from 9.83 to 9.96 and 69.7 to 70.22. At my lighter weight I
had something like a 9.76 best so I think it's pretty good with the
extra weight.

Another big plus was the fact that the car ran very cool the entire
time. I even had to wait once with the engine running while they cleaned
up some debris. I would have to say the shroud was a big success. I have
always had trouble staying/getting cool when racing before this. Even if
the weather was 50deg.. I did experience a bout of wheel spin on my last
race just before the 1-2 shift. Must've been something on the track. I
would've beat a 8.14 Chevy in the dial-in if I hadn't redlighted. I have
never redlighted in comp before either. I was staged and the engine
started to overcome the brake and moved me deeper into the light so when
I took off I was too close to leaving already. If I'd have slacked off a
tad I'd have beat him. I was there first anyway :-)

All-inall it was fun. Too bad Doidger and Paul had tire issues. Except
for one case my little 24" dia Drag Radials did me proud. Thanks Gary
P!!!

Paul Lennemann wrote:

Gotta get in here before Rich does.  We had a grudge race at the Geezer
Drags today and Rich bested me.  This was the first time I've made a
pass with the 3:23 gears.  But I've still got the same old problem, too
much motor, not enough tire.  I won't get it cured until I get some
street slicks or.......  I spun the tires all the way through 1st and
when I hit 2nd it started heading for the guard rail and I had to back
out of it.  Dodger was there with two cars as well.  I think he also had

problems hooking up with his max wedge "Sportlite".

Paul L.
'63 Sport Fury
440/727
http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-lennemann63.html