Re: Back to Frame Connectors

I used the tried and true back yard mechanic way of installing my frame connectors.
I'm not an engineer but 30 years of iron work instilled enough knowledge to figure out how to stiffen my frame rails.
I bought some 2x2 tubing and cut to fit between my frame rails tight.
Then I used my 110 wire feed to weld them.
They are not visible unless you get under and look close.
They don't follow the contours of my floor pans but the sure stiffened things up and I won't have to worry about getting anything out of shape.
Cost of material was about 20 dollars and time to cut and install about 3 hours.
Now if I can get the damed thing to run right I might get to find out how much torque they will stand....
Later
Bill Harrison
65 Coronet 2 dr post.