RE: engine compartment

Merwin: There is an odd anomaly that you may find upon stripping the paint on your K-Frame, master cyl mounting plate,
lower control arms, and struts. On some of our cars, particularly those from the west coast, you will find that these items were painted a sort of dark
navy gray primer color...not semi-flat or semi-gloss black. This was clearly the case on my 64 Belvedere, which began its useful life in Salinas, CA.
I'm sure most of the guys in this mail list have seen this also. It has also been confirmed by Wally Breer of the Plymouth Owners Club, Wally lives in
Oregon (or is it Washington state, can't recall at the moment) and serves as the tech director for 1963 cars.
I could not find this paint so I color matched some acrylic enamel...it is too shiny, but it should fade a little from the heat and the color is dead on.
Just a footnote for ya...best of luck, Donny, 64 Belvedere