Re: factory options

Bill from Toronto. You aren't quite right about seat belts.
I am looking at my owners manual for my 65 Coronet and to Quote verbatim.
Seat Belts. Your new car is equipped with front seat belts. It is strongly recommended that you and your passenger snap these in place whenever you drive. Exact locations for drilling holes for installing rear seat belts are marked on the rear floor.
So to answer your question...On 65 Coronets; front seat belts were standard and rear seat belts were optional. Also, retractors were a dealer option, not a factory option.
My owners manual also covers the Station wagon.
I don't know if this was the same for the Polara, 500, or 440 models.
Hope this helps.
Later
Bill Harrison
65 Coronet 2 dr post.