To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 09, 2010 1:22 AM
Subject: Break-in Additive Recommendations?

With all the hype out there on ZDDP and MolyBDenum, I'm curious what you would use if you were breaking in an engine these day's.

I read a bunch of conflicting things on Bob is th Oil guy and was looking for some real-world advice.

I've rebuilt my 273 for my dart and am about ready to put it back in the dart and run in the cam. The last cam I broke-in I used Comp Cam's oil additive. ('77 360 Ramcharger) The time before that, when I broke in a '68 440, I just used standard 30 weight.

I always assemble with CRC Moly-Graphite Assembly lube, so some of that will wash into the oil on break-in, but I dont see much of it flowing in.

I saw Hughes has one with micro-moly
Redline has one with just ZDDP, as does Lucas Oil
Comp has low quantities of ZDDP and MolyBDenum.
Jegs has a store brand, not sure whats in it
Royal Purple has an expensive break-in oil that once the cam gets washed wont have much viscosity left.

Thoughts?

--Tom

--Tom

----