Re: power steering

Many thanks for the input, did not know about the steering shaft.........Merwin ----- Original Message ----- From: "Ollie" <satellite1965@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <1962to1965mopars@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 08, 2010 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: power steering

Merwin,
MO is correct. You will need to change the steering shaft. The power steering is shorter than the manual, as the sector is bigger for the power. Of course you will need the pump, hoses and engine brackets for the pump. Brackets will be the most difficult as any parts store has the other. Other than that nothing else needs to be changed. The bolt patterns for the sectors are the same. If you are still interested, I beleive I can locate all the parts at my local Mopar Super Store. (very large Mopar junk yard) What engine do you have? I would like your manual shaft and sector. An additional thought, if you do the project it would be the perfect time to replace a bad turn signal switch and the bushing at the end of the column housing and the steering rod. They will be out anyway.
Ollie
----- Original Message ----- From: "MO ( Steve Mick)" <micher@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>