Re: 727 mopar/amc

${top_text_ad}
Not sure who was the very first, but the T-35 was definitely right up
there.  Chrysler's first was the A904 in 1960, which was also the
first TF with a park sprag, at least on the version for the Valiant.
The BW with push buttons had a park sprag right from the start in
1957, by the way, with two cables.

As to the 904 and the T-35, not sure what was changed to fit which.
The torque converter had to fit onto the crankshaft and the
bellhousing had to bolt onto the back of the engine.  Probably cheaper
to modify the transmission parts.

As to the Rambler and AMC nameplates, the AMC first appeared on the
1966 Ambassador and Marlin followed by the Rebel.  The very last car
to have a "Rambler" nameplate, at least in North America, was the 1969
Rambler American.

The very last car built with the AMC nameplate was the 4WD 1988 AMC
Eagle in December, 1987, at the Brampton, Ontario, plant.  Which
should not be confused with the 1988 Eagle Premier built at Bramalea,
Ontario, and introduced when the AMC Eagle was laid to rest.  Thus the
last 2,014 AMC cars were built by Chrysler.

The last car built by American Motors was in July 1987, at the end of
the 1987 model year run.   Chrysler took control of AMC at the end of
July, 1987.  The last American Motors car, sort of, out of the Kenosha
plant was the Renault Alliance.  The Kenosha built L and M bodied cars
for Chrysler through 1989-90.   My 1988 Plymouth Caravelle Salon was
built at Kenosha on August 28, 1987.

Bill
Toronto, ON

On Sat, Nov 20, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Ollie <satellite1965@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bill,
> Very interesting post. Learned allot.
> I am on the correct track put I did pass out some incorrect info in my post.
> I called my Borg Warner a M-35 and you are correct it is a T-35. I have been
> told that the easiest way to identify is check for the aluminum case. Was
> this the only aluminum case in the era?
> Another question for ya...will a 904 bolt up in place of the T-35?
> Another question...Can you fill in the years? What was the last year that
> AMC made a car? I know that my 1966 was the last year that they used the
> word Rambler on them. I know the car line was dropped before Chrysler bought
> out the Jeep line. What year was that?
> I hope I am not straying to far from our 62-65 mopar site rules here but it
> sure is neat rodder stuff.
> Ollie
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Watson" <chrycoman@xxxxxxxxx>

${bottom_text_ad}