RE: '64 Chrysler Questions

bruce buntain wrote:

> Hello Rich,
>
> Thanx for the reply to my e-mail. Your suggestion of a 4.5" backspacing
> jibes with another e-mail that I received.
>
> Someone else happened to mention TTI, but apparently headers from this
> company cost an arm and a leg and your left testicle. I will look into
> Schumacher, especially since you are the second person who has mentioned
> this company.
>
> I checked the Performance Suspension website catalogue, but I got a,
> "There are no products to list in this category" when I checked apps for
> my Chrysler. I tried to find a site for your "Scat Bird thing", but was
> unable to find anything to do with brakes or cars, etc. (Lots about
> animal dung, though). Do you have their web address or any additional
> information for them?
>
> Thanx for the help,
>
> Bruce Buntain
> '64 Chrysler 300 2-door ht

Steve Micks used the Scat Bird set-up and liked it very much. I hope I
have it right. I bet he'll chime in and give you the info.

As for the poly/graphite bushings, mine don't make a peep. Very quiet.
The original bushings were only polyureathane and without the graphite
they squeaked badly. As I recall they come with a small packet of grease
to use on installation and I did use it. One thing I regret is using the
biggest torsion bars I could find. That has really stiffened mine up
more than necessary. In the future I'd just go stock or even /6 bars for
racing.

As for the headers, yeah they cost in the $750-$800 range but they fit
perfect (if you follow the directions) and look great. I do think the
Schumachers might be a tad better for everyday use but they are about
the same price. I think there are some lower cost alternatives but not
sure what except for maybe Spitfires. Personally I don't like them but
then they would probably be better than stock.

http://1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-kinsley64polara.html

----