The Boggabri Dodges - Feedback?

My nephew, Ben Simpson, owns a '64 Dodge Phoenix. Many of you here know
that, and no doubt some have seen the 'Mopar of the Month' page about it
on the '62 to '65 Mopars site. That dates back now to May 1965.

Progress with getting the car to the race track has been hampered by a
number of things, not the least of which has been Ben's need to start a
new business so he can be self-employed and do the kind of work he likes
doing. Working on cars, of course.

But he is now making progress and I soon should send Gary some kind of
update for the page. Last week he seriously started on the engine work,
putting hardblock into a block (it took ages to find one with good
cylinder walls) and he's been cleaning up the casting dags, he's posted
pics of this at the 318Poly Yahoo site if you'd like to have a look.

But the most surprising thing of all is that today I got an e.mail, and
it might well have been 'feedback' from the 'Mopar of the Month' page!

The car came from a small town in New South Wales called Boggabri, and
the dealer there, Sid Bird, would have thought he was on Cloud Nine when
he sold two Phoenixes that year. And the e.mail I got today was from the
present owner of the other '64 Dodge that Sid delivered!

It's still in the same family, but it now lives in Victoria. It's
promised to the grandson, who lives way over in Western Australia and
will get it when his father is no longer able to look after it. It only
has 106,000 miles on it!

I have asked the owner if he'd like to feature the car as a 'Mopar of
the Month', I'm sure Gary would like that.

The stories of youth, of the burden of time, and the death of
devotion.HCK

----