MARINE PILOT NEEDS HELP

Guys and Gals

I looked at the Duster yesterday when the Marine Aviator brought it by.

It really looks good , sounds good. I did not drive it but when he arrived and left there seemed to be no hick ups.

It is not Lime Green but a less bright green.

He bought it on E bay from CA and has about 4K in the drive train. I used my magnet on the car which measures up to .001 paint thickness.

I found it to really hard to pull it free over most the car except where you would expect to find lead from the factory. The only exception being on the doors on both sides. there is that six inch wide area between the upper and lower belt line that the magnet did not grip. However the front fender and rear quarter belt line rite up to the door edge grabbed great. Maybe the factory used a non metallic, layer type plug, piece on the doors for the raised area on the Dusters? It is strange that both sides register identical over the full width of the door with the paint gage. There appeared to be no damage to the door frame. He was surprised!

Other than that my preliminary look was interesting. He will negotiate in order to sell it before going to England with his family for four years. His late dad was a Mopar fan thus so is he.

He said the the engine, trans, and sure grip 8 3/4 have 400 miles on them.

His phone number is 843-476-7681.

Pictures at http://www.picupine.com/9dd611dx

Jim

1965 Coronet 440 CI.