Re: Canada Mopar Paint Code?

${top_text_ad}
Yes, Canadian paint codes, and many times the colours themselves,
differed from the U.S.   Chrysler of Canada offered the same colours
on all their cars prior to 1965, with the exception of the 1960
Valiant.

For 1964 "H" in Canada was Spruce Metallic, the same colour as Medium
Turquoise Metallic, "K" on the U.S. Dodge and Dart.

1965 was the last year Chrysler of Canada had unique colours and
unique colour codes.  With the advent of the Autopact for the 1966
model year, Canadian-built Chrysler vehicles used the same colours as
in the U.S. and began using the U,S, style body tag.  Before WW II
Chrysler of Canada used some American GM colours.

Bill
Toronto, ON

On Fri, Dec 24, 2010 at 10:38 AM, Gary H. <spigot2039@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A fellow with a 1964 Dodge B body built in Canada asked if the Canadian fender tag paint codes are different than the US built cars?
>
> His Dodge's fender tag says HH for the paint code but all he has been able to find for the 1964 Polara paint is that it should probably read KK.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary H.
>

> ----
> Please address private mail -- mail of interest to only one person -- directly to that person.  I.e., send parts/car transactions and negotiations as well as other personal messages only to the intended recipient, not to the Clubhouse public address. This practice will protect your privacy, reduce the total volume of mail and fine tune the content signal to Mopar topic.  Thanks!

> http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/mletiq.html and http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com/general_disclaimer.html.

${bottom_text_ad}
----

This email was sent to: ${recipient}